Society and Culture
- 18 years old
- Complete NZCEL Foundation Level or equivalent.
Purpose of this level:
This qualification is intended for learners of English as an additional language, attending NZQA approved programmes delivered in Aotearoa New Zealand or off-shore. It is intended for learners who have no command, or very minimal command of English.
Graduates will have the language skills required to communicate with support, in basic, familiar, everyday situations in order to participate in an English language environment.
Graduates of this qualification will have, in a supportive environment, the English language skills to:
– Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases to initiate and respond to short routine interactions to meet basic needs.
– Read and understand simple texts on familiar topics.
– Write simple isolated sentences on familiar topics.
This certificate builds on the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Foundation) (Level 1) and can lead to:
* New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General/Workplace/Academic) (Level 2)
Detailed curriculum will be provided on request.