Society and Culture
- 18 years old
- Complete NZCEL level 2 or equivalent.
Purpose of this level:
This qualification is intended for learners of English as an additional language, attending NZQA approved programmes delivered in Aotearoa New Zealand or off-shore. Graduates will have the language skills required to communicate in most situations with some independence and fluency in order to participate in everyday/social/community, workplace and/or academic English language contexts.
Graduates of this qualification will have the English language skills to:
– understand the main points and key supporting detail in extended oral interaction and factual information in familiar contexts
– speak with some coherence, fluency and spontaneity to express personal ideas and sustain interaction in familiar contexts
– read and understand a range of texts on familiar topics; scan, locate and gather information to fulfil a specific task
– write comprehensible, connected texts on familiar topics with reasonable linguistic accuracy, using a range of text types.
Graduates will be able to use English relevant to everyday/social/community contexts to meet the outcomes.
This certificate builds on the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 2) and can lead to:
* New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General/Workplace/Academic) (Level 4)
* Other study or training programmes/courses at NZQF level 4
Detailed curriculum will be provided on request.